Skip to content
- Obtain win 7 installation files.
This site is a mirror for all the win 7 ISOs (in several languages), includes links to MSDN file hashes (after downloading, I used HashTools to compare hashes).
Also there is a tricky possible solution here.
- Format a USB as a installation disk using Rufus.
- Install OS as Admin user, install critical drivers from hardware vendor website, use these instructions to bring computer up to date.
- Install Chrome, firefox, VLC, Microsoft Security Essentials, f.lux, adobe reader, skype, libre office.
- My keyboard has a rotary volume encoder so I installed 3RVX from softpedia for onscreen volume display, and I installed MemInfo to show RAM usage in the taskbar
- Create default non-admin user for logging in. Add autologin.