TL;DR: Move the itunes folder to a public folder, and press shift when opening iTunes to set iTunes to use the moved database. These instructions may not work.. just saying Continue reading “Sharing an iTunes database between users”
I bought a trailer which has it’s own power supply, so I’m trying to configure a power management system.
The trailer has room for a battery, it has LED lighting, 12v outlets and a car radio. I wanted to run power from the car as an alternative power source and to charge the battery. Several iterations and 3 trips to Jaycar later I have a system which works, not finished, but works.
So I decided to make a pair of storage and transport boxes for my turntables (Technics 1200 and Vestax PDX3000 MKII ) so I can store them and transport them safely. I used chip board as it was freely available, but I would recommend ply wood, as chipboard tends to chip all over the place.
In the image below I’ve shown some info about audio signals, the point being that the 2 green arrows going to the same cable show how 2 different types of audio signal can go through the same cable.
- USB powered
- has USB host
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 2.4Ghz 150Mbps wifi
- dd-wrt client bridge (wifi client and cat5 output with DHCP etc)
projects to look into:
- Running air tunes to receive music from itunes
- Sharing usb over a network
- Connecting to a USB SDR device for radio scanning etc
14 Sep 2015
DK2 support has increased tremendously in the last couple weeks, with Betas of Flyinside (a DK2 driver for FSX) being released aswell as a new DK2 SDK with la de da fancy GPU support corresponding with a new Nvidia driver release. Thats 3 drivers all playing nicely for 75fps FSX in head tracked DK2 VR (virtual reality) (albiet with all the terrain and other effects turned down).
Now looking into the hardware software interface
error: terradactl support not found
No but really, umm here
- From the DIY 6DOF Motion Platform, quote
"The first one was with the thanos board, the second one with the dimension engineering kangaroos."
So theres 2 hardware solutions, thanos board which I believe works with x-sim as a PID and the dimension engineering kangaroos which are also a PID for DC motor controllers
- There is x-sim, which is a data interface for FSX, although the DIY 6DOF Motion Platform above doesn’t necessarily say good things about the thanos board, which also has like 0 support on its website, get on that thanos. Which leads me to look for a hardware interface which will work with a quadrature encoder since thats a requirement
- Also, this 6 DOF Motion Software, referenced at the DIY 6DOF Motion Platform entry with the dimension engineering kangaroos, although specifically for 6dof platforms
- what ever the fuck this is.
So I figure I need to learn about X-Sim and what it outputs, I need roll and pitch output, then I need a PID to work with the quadrature encoders to output to a motor driver. Then I can work out mass of the cockpit and torque requirements. How plane pitch/roll data aligns with torque requirements, then I can look into motor and gear selection, then I can look more seriously at motor driving PID firmware.
Looked into motor frame design with a horizontal roll motor:
The best wifi channel to use will be the one that no one else is using. In order to set this up you will need:
1. A way to set up your own wifi channel.
2. Knowledge of other channels being used nearby. Continue reading “How to choose the best wifi channel (using Windows)”